Thursday, August 9, 2012

DIY: Making a Men's tee Flattering and Cute


Today I was restless. My phone calls for work didn't go so well, so I decided to get out of the apartment and just run around. That took up most of the morning. I was looking around at clothes and not seeing anything I liked. So, while I walked, I remembered all of the clothes of mine that are way too big for me now, and decided to finally get around to taking them in and getting them to fit again. Today's project was a couple of men's tees that I wanted to actually look good on me. I don't find a box on legs to be particularly attractive. 

One of my shirts is a couple of years old. It's a Zelda shirt I got for Christmas, and it's an XL. In men's. I'm probably an XS in men's, so I drown in it. See how formless I look? I'd like to wear it outside the house, but I don't like looking like a bum. So I pulled out a shirt I like the shape of and traced it on to the inside out shirt. Then I cut and sewed the sides together. And because I like to have scoop necks on my tees, I cut off the ribbed collar and sewed it down. The sleeves still come to my elbows, but I like how it looks. 


I also have a Katy Perry shirt that was in a similar state as the Zelda Shirt. So I fixed her up all pretty, and now she's also presentable to wear outside the apartment. 

So, if you're ever bored and have a sewing machine and a couple of shirts that just need to be taken in, it's really quick and easy. 

I think tomorrow I'm going to work on pants. 

Happy Crafting :3

Mandarin <3


No comments:

Post a Comment